Wednesday 8 May 2013

Banana Bread For Beetle

I'm sure you're reading the title of this post and you're wondering 'has she finally gone mad?'. Let me put you out of your misery. I'm a member of an online forum. On this forum, we're like sisters. We have a common goal, and we are very supportive of each other. We pray together, cry together, and laugh together.

Like most online forums, there's the shield of anonymity. We are known by our user names. One such user is 'Beetle'. She asked me to make this, and to blog about it. So, without much ado, this is Banana Bread.
Note: I made this with coconut milk, you can make it with ordinary milk; I just like the hint of coconut. If you make it without coconut milk, you can leave out the coconut flavouring as well.

Ingredients

1/2 cup, melted butter
4 ripe bananas (the more ripe, the better. Overripe is perfect!)
1 cup, white sugar
1 3/4 cups, all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon, baking soda
1/2 teaspoon, salt
2 eggs
1/3 cup, coconut milk
2 teaspoons, coconut flavouring
1/2 cup, peanuts (optional)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease one 9x5 inch loaf pan.
Mash the bananas with the milk. Add the eggs, sugar and oil. Mix well. Add the flavouring.
In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture and stir well. Fold in the peanuts.
Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake 1 hour or until a knife inserted in the cake comes out clean.

Enjoy!

If I can, you can,

Deema












4 comments:

  1. Tell us about the taste jor. I'd like to know what u think about it urself since I presume it is directly ur recipe on demand. I'll try to experiment over d weekend. Kudos Sis!

    By the way, I tried my hand at icing a cake using a pattern similar to what u've done b4. It wassn't perfect but it was beautiful.

    Welldone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, no vex Lizzy. It's a warm, exotic tasting cake. You know, the kind of cake that you want to make everyday. I'm not exaggerating. You'll be proud to offer this to guests any day.

    Kudos for trying your hand at decorating a cake. Practice makes perfect. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am going to try this. maybe replace the peanuts with almonds. which of the ingredients gives the cake the black black dots .

    Camrygmail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Camry, please feel free to replace. The black dots come from the bananas. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete