Tuesday 27 August 2013

Plantains and Green Snail Sauce

If you follow me, you already know the link between green Plantains and fertility. If not, please read thIshttp://www.frostedbakeshopng.blogspot.com/2013/08/unripe-plantains-with-simple-lamb.html?m=1. I'm sure you also know that green vegetables are loaded with iron, folate, and antioxidants.

Today, I present to you the humble snail. If, like me, you are trying to conceive, you would have heard of selenium, omega-3, and Vitamin B12. Now, did you know that snails are rich sources of these nutrients? As in? Snails are known as a superfood to combat infertility in both men and women; that's more than enough reason for me to include them in my fertility diet.

Now imagine a meal of snails, green plantains, and green vegetables- a mega fertility booster, if there was any (I'm on my way to triplets, yay!).
While fertility-friendly foods are my priority, I'm not willing to sacrifice taste. This meal is super tasty. Have a Hubby like mine, who hates boiled plantains? Serve him this and he'll beg for more.

Ingredients

7 large snails, washed very properly (I use limes)
6 medium Unripe plantains (not too unripe)
1 Knorr double stock cube
1/4 cup of palm oil
1 small red onion, chopped
7 habanero peppers, chopped
3 large tomatoes, chopped
300g of amaranth leaves (greens)
Salt, to taste

Method

If you choose to grill the snails, skewer them and place on the grill. If you choose to boil them instead, go ahead and do so, I just wanted the charred taste.
I grilled my plantains for about 5 minutes then boiled them. I think it made them softer, I can't vouch for the method.
Boil your plantains.
In a wok on medium-high heat, pour in the palm oil. Add the onions, tomatoes and peppers. Sautee for 3 minutes. Chop the snails and add to the wok. Stir, then add the greens. Stir and simmer for 2 minutes.
Serve with the plantains.

Enjoy, and remember,

It's sooo good for you






Deema

5 comments:

  1. Babes you are the bomb! Alwaystrue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Subscribing! Hawtmummie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alwaystrue and Hawtmummie, thank you for visiting. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emmmm..so sweet I luv it. Nice14

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deema, so yummy, i haven't try cooking with snails . Its a must try for me.

    I prepared plantain and vegg. It was so delicious .

    Weldone sis

    ReplyDelete