Thursday 13 June 2013

Peanut Butter Whole Wheat Oatmeal Cookies

This title is quite a mouthful, eh? Well, I'm not changing it. These cookies deserve the long name. What are you doing right now? Please stop whatever it is, go to your kitchen and make these cookies.

You ought to know these cookies are wonderful, for the very reason that I'm actually posting TWICE today. I couldn't wait to share these.

Imagine Hob Nobs smeared with peanut butter? These are even better! I know that I'm NEVER buying cookies again! If I want chocolate chips, i'll throw them in here. Yum!

These cookies are made with ingredients you probably already have. I know I've said before that I abhor margarine, but these cookies have changed my mind.

Bake these, when they're done, take pictures, and then wonder where the missing cookies went. When you realise that they're in your belly, shrug, and be happy they're lower fat, lower sugar, and full of fibre.

Adapted from Hillbilly Housewife.

Ingredients

1/2 cup, margarine
1/2 cup, peanut butter
1/2 cup, brown sugar
1 egg
1/4 teaspoon, salt
1/2 teaspoon, baking soda
1 1/4 cups, oats (rolled-old fashioned or quick, NOT instant)
3/4 cup, whole wheat flour

Method

Preheat oven to 350. In a bowl, mix margarine and peanut butter. Add brown sugar and egg and cream till fluffy. Mix in the remaining ingredients.
Scoop out the cookie dough into balls on a parchment covered baking sheet. Flatten with a fork dipped in sugar (I used Splenda). Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Tada! Enjoy.

If I can, you can,

Deema

3 comments:

  1. Great joy darling

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh u don't know how long I've been looking for an oatmeal cookie with wheat flour thanks for posting this. One question though, can I omit the peanut butter. I just want a whole wheat oatmeal cookie.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chinwe, yes you can. I would use butter then, not margarine. Increase the amount to 3/4 cup. But I must tell you, the peanut butter take these cookies out of this world.

    ReplyDelete