Friday 28 June 2013

Chicken and Potato Curry

Hi! Hi!! Hi!!!. It's been a crazy week for me. I think this week has been the busiest of my life. No complaints there, though. I'm very grateful to God.
My dh didn't think i was busy enough though -else, how do you explain the fact that he brought home a SACK of potatoes (sweet and irish)?- so he deemed it fit to
add to my workload.

Anyway, what goes around comes around. All his dinners are going to be potato based till that sack is empty. Lol! I can tell you that he's enjoying it though. I've been experimenting and he actually looks forward to the next potato dinner. Go figure!
You guys know I can't leave you out. I'm going to share all the recipes, so get ready for a storm of potatoes. Potato haters, this is the time to look away!

Ingredients

1 kg, irish potatoes
500g chicken (don't remove the skin before cooking)
1 medium red onion
1/2 teaspoon, Turmeric
1/2 teaspoon, Garam Masala
1/2 teaspoon, dried basil
2 teaspoons, ground ginger
2 cups, pumpkin leaves (ugu), chopped
2 teaspoons, curry powder
4 atarodo (habanero), blended with 3 tablespoons of water
1 Knorr double stock cube
2 teaspoons, salt

Method
1. In a pot on high heat, put the chicken pieces, add salt, pepper, chopped onion and stock cube. Pour in 7 cups of water. Boil till chicken is tender. Remove chicken pieces from the pot, debone and set aside.
2. Peel and dice the potatoes, add them to the chicken stock, add the spices. Cover and boil till potatoes are as soft as you like.
3. When the potatoes are done, remove the excess stock and freeze for later. You can leave as much or as little stock you want (more will make the curry thinner, less will make it thicker).
4. Add the deboned chicken and pumpkin leaves. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 minute. Serve and enjoy!

Remember to save the stock, it'll come in handy in our next dish.

If I can, you can,  

Deema





No comments:

Post a Comment