Thursday 29 August 2013

Cocoa-Nut Almond Milk

I've been feeding my DH a handful (ok, not a handful, more like 10-15) of almonds every morning since I started taking this fertility diet seriously. Today, I wanted to change it up a bit to prevent him from getting bored. I figured if I give him something he likes, he will be more apt to ingesting the raw almonds.

Boy, did I shoot myself in the foot! He loved this so much, he declared that he won't take the almonds any other way from now on. As in! He even begged me for another glass and I said NO because, although everything in this drink is fertility friendly, moderation is key.

Now, I'm going to have to make up a glass of this for him every morning (he was on his own o! Na me find trouble), but I don't mind: the end justifies the means.

Almonds contain plant chemicals which are known to promote testosterone production. They also contain zinc and L-Arginine.

***pls do not overdo the zinc in your diet. Aim for 12mg everyday. An ounce of almonds (about 22 almonds) contains 1.0mg of zinc.


Ingredients

14 raw almonds (you can use 20 if you like, I'm just stingy!)
1/2 cup of cold coconut milk
1/2 cup of cold water
2 tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon of honey

Method.

Grind the almonds into a powder. Add all the ingredients into a Blender and blend.

Serve and watch the smile on his face when he finishes it, then get ready to go shopping to stock up on all the ingredients.

it's sooo  good for you

Deema





8 comments:

  1. Yummy!!! I guess kids can also take this without the honey though; maybe sweetened coca powder.
    Nice one my Hubby will totally love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a little girl over with her parents yesterday, I gave her this; I skipped the honey. Just blended the raw almonds, cocoa powder, coconut milk and one ripe banana... I had to give her mum the recipe before she left.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where can ℓ̊ get the Almond in Lagos please

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Anon, your best bet would be the nut section of any shoprite, or look for them in Oasis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Babe you are just too much. Alwaystrue. This is a must try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alwaystrue, thanks darling. Please let me know what you think about it when you've tried it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice one babes! kip up d good work. did you use just a blender or a smoothie maker?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, green pea, I just used a blender. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete