Monday 5 August 2013

Orange Shrimp and Sesame Noodles

This combination is a product of my imagination. I love the crunch of sesame seeds and I figured it would be wonderful in conjunction with shrimp. My hunch paid off, it worked!

I'm going to try this with lemon cos I love the zing of lemons. I'm sure it will rock! LOL!
This dish is soooooo gonna be featured more often in my home.

Ingredients (Serves 2)

Orange Shrimp

500g of peeled, deveined shrimp
4 red chilies
1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons of maple syrup
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 teaspoon of orange blossom water
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
3/4 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice

Sesame Noodles

300g dried egg noodles
2 tablespoons of hulled sesame seeds
1 Knorr double stock cube
1 tablespoon of sesame oil
5 green chilies

Method for Orange Shrimp

In a wok on medium-low heat, add olive oil. Leave it for 1 minute, then add the red chili and shrimp. Stir fry for 2 minutes, then take the wok off heat.
In a bowl, combine the orange juice, orange blossom water, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and maple syrup.
Place the wok with the shrimp back on medium-low heat and add the orange juice mix. Increase the heat to medium-high and leave to cook for 3 minutes. Take off heat.

For The Noodles

Boil the Noodles according to package instructions and drain well. In a wok or pot on medium-high heat, add sesame oil. When it starts to heat up, add the sesame seeds and chili. Stir continuously. After 2 minutes, add the drained noodles and the stock cube. Toss properly to combine. Take off heat and serve with Orange Shrimp.
Enjoy.

If I can, you can,







Deema

1 comment:

  1. Sesame seed is called Ridi in hausa will try this out i love my ridi LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete