Sunday 4 August 2013

Lamb and Couscous One Pot

Some recipes don't need a lot of intro. This is one of them. This dish is so easy, it almost feels like cheating to call it a recipe. It's hot, spicy, and perfect for a cold night.
I love couscous. Apart from bulgur, I think couscous is my favourite grain? cereal? What category does it fall under, by the way?
That's not what's important now, however. The important thing is that you make this dish, and tell me how you liked it.

Ingredients

1/4 cup of couscous
30g of chopped, boiled lamb (boil it with a stock cube), 1 cup of stock reserved
1/2 of a small red onion, chopped
1/2 of a yellow bell pepper, chopped
1 bay leaf
1 tablespoon of blended atarodo (habanero)
1 teaspoon of Paprika
Salt to taste

Method

Put the lamb in a pot on medium-high heat. Add the reserved stock, bay leaf, and atarodo.
As soon as it starts to boil, add the couscous. Cover and let it cook for 3 minutes.
Add the yellow bell pepper and the paprika. Stir and cover till all the liquid is absorbed.
Serve and enjoy.

If I can, you can,





Deema

3 comments:

  1. Nice Deema! couscous is one of the fastest food to make on the day(s)you get back home from work late.
    for me couscous isn't complete without butter or oil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amaka, if you like couscous with butter, you're going to loooooove a recipe I have coming up. It's a couscous dessert. Yummmm!!!
    You'll find that the oil released by the lamb in the stock is enough for this recipe. I use fatty cuts of lamb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couscous i̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ Τ̣̣ђё fastest meal to prepare just like amaka said. I prepared it on sunday but i added carrot ǻn̶̲̥̅̊ԃ greenbeans.

    ReplyDelete