Saturday 10 August 2013

Peppery Tilapia and Garlic Butter Pasta

I'm sure if I ask you guys what my favourite fish is, your answer would most certainly be Tilapia. Well, that answer would most certainly be wrong!!! Lol! It's actually salmon but I do love the mild taste of Tilapia.

I haven't featured salmon recipes yet because salmon is hard for me to get here. I get 2 cartons of salmon 3 times a year, and I always run out before my next supply. Tilapia is my next best fish, and it's so much easier to get. In fact, at any given time, you can find Tilapia in my freezer.

I like Tilapia with lots of chili. The pasta in this recipe is very mildly spiced, so I find the Peppery heat of the Tilapia cuts through the mild pasta for a very delicious dish fit for the Nigerian palate.

This serves 4
Ingredients

Peppery Tilapia

8 Tilapia steaks
4 tablespoons of blended atarodo (scotch bonnet variety)
2 inch piece of ginger
4 cloves of garlic
1 medium red onion, chopped
1 Knorr double stock cube
1 bunch of spring onions, chopped (green part only)
1 teaspoon of dill
2 teaspoons of dried basil
1 teaspoon of salt

Pasta

250g of Pasta (I used twist macaroni)
3 tablespoons of softened butter
4 cloves of garlic, chopped
2 cups of green beans, chopped
1 teaspoon of salt

Method

Peppery Tilapia
Blend the ginger, garlic and dill with 4 tablespoons of water. In a bowl, combine the blended mixture with the onions, stock cube, salt, pepper, spring onions and dried basil.
Grease a baking sheet. Place the fish on the sheet and pour the mixture over. Use a toothpick and poke the fish to allow the mixture seep in. Bake for 30 minutes at 350.

Pasta
Boil pasta for 7 minutes and drain. In a wok on high heat, melt the butter. Add the chopped garlic and green beans. Stir for 2 minutes. Add the drained pasta and salt. Stir and cover. Leave to cook for 2 minutes. Serve with Tilapia

If I can, you can,







Deema

2 comments:

  1. Dreams, am still waiting Oo°˚˚˚°! For the fertility diet. Coconut is also good for fertility. Muma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another super one. Please what is dill?

    Alwtr

    ReplyDelete