Friday 9 August 2013

Ginger-Garlic Marinated Shrimp

You already know I love seafood. By now, that's no secret. I actually have separate freezing storage for my seafood. Nothing daunts me anymore: octopus? Why not? Squid? Bring it on!. LOL!

I especially love shrimp and prawns. I could eat bucketfuls at a sitting. When I don't need a sauce, this is my favourite way to cook prawns.

Marinating the prawns makes for very tasty morsels. The prawns are tender (I hate overcooked prawns), and ooooohhh, so wonderful. I serve these over noodles, jollof rice, and pasta. Sometimes, I serve them as appetizers.

Please note: if your prawns vary widely in size, remove the smaller ones From the oven 3 minutes before the larger ones.

This serves 2

Ingredients

8 jumbo tiger prawns, peeled and deveined
2 teaspoon of sea salt
1 Knorr double stock cube
5 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tablespoon of ground ginger
2 tablespoons of freshly ground atarodo (habanero)

Method.
In a bowl, mix all the ingredients, except the prawns. Add 1 cup of warm water. Mix well. Place the prawns in the marinade and use a toothpick to poke the prawns lightly. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
Preheat the oven to 350. Grease a baking sheet. Remove the prawns from the marinade and place on greased baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, serve and enjoy.

If I can, you can,

Deema







No comments:

Post a Comment