Monday 5 August 2013

Pineapple Fried Rice

It was only recently that I started liking pineapples, and, since I fell in love with them, I've come across new and exciting ways to enjoy them. I love them in desserts and sweets, but I'm especially partial to them in savory and spicy dishes. This recipe is one of the latter.

I came across a picture of this dish on Google and I knew I had to make it. I also knew I didn't want a sweet and sour taste; I wanted more of a spicy dish with bites of pineapple. Lemme tell you, I rocked it! This dish has a lot of heat (I am Nigerian, after all), then you get the cooling effect of the pineapple in between. This was delicious!

I also love the presentation of it. Also, nothing is wasted. I used a little pineapple in the rice, the pineapple that didn't make it into the rice was juices and served cold with the rice. Good housekeeping peeps!

Ingredients

1 medium pineapple

Marinade
300g of cube lamb
1 bunch of spring onions (green part only)
2 atarodo (habanero)
1 teaspoon of salt

Rice
2 cups of cooked rice, cold
1 cup of pineapple chunks
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 1/2 cups of chopped carrots
1 cup of chopped green beans
5 atarodo (habanero), chopped
1 medium red onion, chopped
1 inch piece of ginger, chopped
4 clove of garlic, chopped
1 Knorr double stock cube
Salt, to taste

Method

Scrub the pineapple. Cut in half, making sure to cut the too leaves in half too.
Cut out the middle of the pineapple, leaving about 1/2 Inch round. Scoop out the pineapple with a spoon.

Rinse the cavity and dry with paper towels.

Marinate the lamb by blending atarodo and spring onions. Pour blended mixture into a bowl and add salt. Add the lamb cubes and stir to coat. Refrigerate for an hour.




In a large pot on medium-high heat, pour olive oil. After 30 seconds, add onions, garlic, ginger, and vegetables. Stir constantly for 2 minutes.
Remove lamb from marinade and add to the veggies. Stir fry till lamb is no longer pink.
Add the cooked rice and pineapple chunks. Stir and add 2 tablespoons of water. Cover and cook for 3 minutes.
Serve the rice in the pineapple bowls. Enjoy

If I can, you can,

Deema




No comments:

Post a Comment